An Attorney Who Understands How To Resolve Your Family Law Matter
Any situation that requires a family lawyer is a major event in any person’s life. Your lawyer needs to have the skill and experience necessary to protect your interests. My name is Heather L. George Myers. For years, I have helped people throughout Johnson County, Marion County and beyond through divorce and other family law issues.
Representing Individuals From All Walks Of Life In Divorce
I serve people with children and without children, as well as people with substantial assets and people with more modest means. Whatever your circumstances, I am ready to take action. If you are ready to file your divorce, I will advise you in all its phases. With my skills, I will help you prepare to file with the court without unnecessary delays. If your spouse has filed divorce, I will respond to the divorce petition, watching out for your best interests.
Your divorce will have a significant impact on many important parts of your life. Your finances and your relationship with your children could change dramatically. I will work closely with you to understand your goals and how to achieve them cost-effectively. Whenever possible, I will try to negotiate a fair result that minimizes the cost and uncertainty. If litigation is necessary to accomplish your goals, I am ready to present a powerful case to the court.
Modifying Divorce Decrees
It is not unusual for people to want to modify their divorce decree to reflect the realities of their lives. I work with people who want to modify their child support, child custody, parenting time and other arrangements. Often, I work with parents seeking additional support for college expenses. I understand how Indiana law applies to your situation, and will provide clear guidance and unwavering support every step of the way.
In addition to divorces and post-divorce modifications, I handle other family law matters, including:
- Paternity matters: If you are a mother or father who needs to establish paternity, I can help.
- Child in Need of Services (CHINS) cases: If the Department of Child Services has alleged neglect or abuse of your child, I will work diligently to protect your rights and preserve your family.
- Adoptions: If you are seeking to adopt a child, I will help you navigate the adoption process, whether it is a contested or noncontested adoption.
- Guardianships: If you need to seek a guardianship over a minor or an adult, I will walk you through the process.
- Wills and powers of attorney: If you need a will or power of attorney, I can guide you through the necessary steps.
In every case, you can be certain that I will devote myself to helping you through this difficult time.